Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Coasters Hostess Gift


First, I started by stamping my images onto a 4x4 ceramic tile. Next, I put Crafty Power Tape around the perimeter of the tile.


Once the Crafty Power Tape was down, I removed the backing, and then added FloraSoft in Vintage Christmas.

Once the FloraSoft was adhered, I used a small paintbrush to gently brush off any stray pieces. The result is a perfect perimeter of color, texture and interest. I repeated the above steps until I had a set of 4 coasters.


To assemble the hostess gift – I still needed to make a tag to tie up with the coasters. I started by stamping a holiday image and then coloring it in with Copics and White gel pen.


Using the MyStik™ Permanent Strips – all “decked” out in my Christmas Paper - I attached the paper strip to the diecut tag. I also used it to adhere the circle to the scallop. The scallop was then adhered to the tag using Foam Squares.


The last step is to tie the four coasters together, and then tie your tag into the bow. I used twine and added some festive berries to complete the gift.


Happy Holidays everyone!

Supply list:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ MyStik™ Permanent Strips, Crafty Power Tape, Foam Squares
Paper –Basic Grey, Kraft Cardstock
Stamps – Papertrey Ink, Lawn Fawn Stamps
Ink –Tsukineko Stazon, Copic Markers, Pentel Gel Pen
FloraSoft
DieCut Tag – Sizzix, Circle & Scallop Punches – EK Success
Twine
Limestone Tiles

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those turned out very nice! I'm sure your Mom loved them! I love the dimensional effect of the FloraSoft!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...