Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ok, Ok, I KNOW it's early... but as I am taking a small detour to the land of the very special mouse (DISNEY!) very shortly, I thought I better put this post up before I leave :-)

A good friend asked me to make little notepad holders for her Bunco Group for Valentine's day...and this is what I came up with... Each holder holds a 4x4 notepad and is all decked out for Vday!
Thanks for looking!

Stamps - Papertrey Ink - Tiny Treats Valentines
Patterned Paper - LYB
Cardstock - Bazzill, DCWV
Ink - Stazon and Distress Ink - Dusty Concord
Pen - Pentel White gel
Punches - Fiskars, EK Success, Martha Stewart
Dies - Sizzix
Dew Drops, Ribbon
Chipboard and 4x4 Sticky Notepad

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

This is my first time participating in the PTI blog hop and I'm really excited!!!  :-) The challenge was to use a stamp set that hadn't been used in awhile or that hasn't seen ink yet... well, since this was my latest purchase from PTI - I knew I had to use it for this challenge :-)  The set I used is called Love Birds and I love it!

The other great thing about this set - is the coordinating diecuts for the cages!

Stamps - Papertrey Ink - Love Birds
Paper - October Afternoon - Thrift Shop; Kraft Cardstock - Wausau
Inks - Stazon (black), Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo)
Twine - The Twinery
Adhesives - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - MyStik Permanent Strips and Foam Squares
Diecut - Papertrey Ink - Cage

Thanks for looking!!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Today’s project is a super simple New Years Top Hat – with just the right amount of bling!

The top hat pattern is courtesy of the Graphic 45 blog (CLICK HERE for the pattern)
I wanted my top hat to be black – but I can’t print the pattern onto the black cardstock or I wouldn’t be able to see it. I printed the pattern onto white paper and then switched out my MyStik™ Permanent Strips Refill for my MyStik™ Repositionable Dots Refill. I adhered the pattern to the black paper using the MyStik™ Repositionable Dots.

Next, I cut out the three pieces.

Once cut out, I carefully peeled off the white paper – which left the MyStik™ Repositionable Dots residue on the black pieces. I simply rubbed the residue with my finger until it quickly and easily rubbed off without a trace!

I assembled the top hat using the MyStik™ Permanent Strips. Once assembled, I used the Crafty Power Tape around the hat to adhere the decorative fabric trim.

Next, I stamped the banner and sentiment and made the blue flower. For the glittery star, I used Adhesive Sheets that had been adhered to cardstock, and then punched the star shape out. I peeled the backing off and applied the glitter.

The last step is to adhere all the embellishments using Foam Squares. For this project, I used the Black Foam Squares since they would blend seamlessly with the hat.

Happy New Years everyone!
Supply list:

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ MyStik™ Permanent Strips, MyStik™ Repositionable Dots, Crafty Power Tape, Foam Squares
Paper –Black and Teal Cardstock, Prism
Stamps – Lawn Fawn Stamps - Bannerific and Jessie's ABCs
Ink – Stazon, Ranger Distress Ink – Tea Dye, Black Soot
DieCut Flower – Sizzix, Star Punch – EK Success
Lace Trim – unknown
Glitter - unknown.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...