Thursday, August 18, 2011

Upcycling!

Just wanted to share my post that is up at the Crafty Power Blog.




Everybody is going “green” these days, and crafters are no exception! What better way to reduce our carbon footprint, then reusing items that would normally go in the garbage?  Upcycling is taking something that no longer serves its original purpose – and altering it into something useful.



Adhesive Sheets make it easy to repurpose the packaging into something fun.  I started out, by measuring all the sides of the box.  I then applied the adhesive sheets to my paper – and cut all the pieces to fit.

I wanted to make sure I included that cute little window, so I also used a Spellbinders die to cut my own window – this way, once the paper was applied, the window would still be visible.





Once all the paper was applied, I used a foam brush and some black acrylic paint to dry brush all the edges.  This is an easy way to camouflage the very edge of the box – that didn’t get covered with paper.

I then diecut a second Spellbinders Label out of teal cardstock to make the window pop.  


Once I found the right image, I matted it onto cream cardstock using Crafty Foam Tape.  

Have I mentioned how awesome Crafty Power Tape is? Its uses are ENDLESS. For this project, I used a bit of it to adhere the large button to my diecut flower center.

The last step is to fill your box with tasty goodies… in my case, I used Snickerdoodles. YUM!

-Kristen

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...